I'm a week old today! Woohoo! I would like to say i'm going to party in style, but I'll probably just be kicking back, with my 8cc's of breast milk, pass out, and call it a day. This place doesn't really encourage the party lifestyle. It's about as quiet as a library here, except when my neighbors start with their racket! Can't a girl get her beauty sleep around here?
Let's see...I'm still feeding at 8cc's. I'm still spitting up a little, so the doctors didn't want to increase just yet. My nurse for today told my mom that a rough estimate of when i'd go home depends on whether I can drink and hold down an ounce every few hours. Well, I want to eat! I just can't seem to totally digest it. The nurse said I have to pass some more meconium....whatever that's all about.....and I'll probably eat better. Well, duh! Who wants to eat when your belly is backed up? Not me!
I have an IV in my head, again. The nurses are always frowning at my veins. They are way too tiny. Mom says I get that from her side, and that Gramma needs to have child sized needles when she goes for blood work. Great, something else I get to inherit! I seem to have Dad's passion for eating and being gassy....lol
I've been opening my eyes a bit more. Mostly it's when I eat, or when I'm getting my diaper changed. Or most especially, when the nurses come after me with those stupid needles! I am focusing a bit more on faces. I keep seeing Mom's freckled face looking at me. Geez, Mom, hear of sunblock? Am i destined to get your 90 million freckles too??
Well, if anything happens today I'll update. if not, I'm outta here!!!
Happy 1st irthday week, Lil' Princess!!! Gramma
ReplyDelete