Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 17

I am 17 days old now, and I have all this wisdom.  Imagine what'll happen when I get older?  I really will know everything!
Dr S came and told my parental units that she doesn't know yet when I'll be going home.  She said she'd like to see me gain weight and eat more.  Hello?  Do I need to eat a steak dinner from Outback to prove I'm ready?  Because I can, you know!  I'm already up to 4lbs, 12 oz.  I think I'm making good progress.  Gaining weight is not the answer to everything!  Just ask Carnie Wilson!
I am allowed to eat as much as I want to, now.  Today I ate 2 ounces!  Dad fed me because Mom wasn't feeling well.  She's not allowed to come in and give me any germs.
I'm doing ok with breathing.  I really haven't had anymore "spells".  I sometimes get overexcited when I eat and suck down  too much then forget to breathe.  I hear that's normal.  Look at those people that eat all those hot dogs!  Do you think they take the time to breathe when they're scarfing down 90 hot dogs?
I got moved to a new room yesterday.  My parents like it because I get to be by myself. They were extremely upset yesterday when they found we had "roommates".  My mom used language I never heard before.  She's pretty feisty.  The little boy that shared with me was born just 3 days ago, and he weighed 8lbs, 11 oz.  I am half his size!!
Well, I am supposed to do the carseat test tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment